The most significant upgrade to the site is the new BYO customization tool, optimized to meet current consumer needs and expectations in the vehicle buying process, and redesigned meticulously over the last six months to provide a best-in-class experience for car shopping. The BYO platform was designed to bring MINI customers together with dealers more quickly and efficiently, and to create a seamless and highly detail-oriented experience according to customers’ unique MINI preferences. It retains and refines several key features from the previous configuration platform, while adding entirely new features that streamline the experience for prospective MINI customers and make the overall customization process more engaging, simplified and enjoyable.
“One of the most enjoyable parts of the new car buying process is the ability to virtually create and visualize what your new MINI will look like,” said Rah Mahtani, Brand Communications Manager, MINI USA. “In updating our consumer site, we set out to create a whole new Build Your Own experience to perfectly match MINI as one of the most famously customizable automotive brands out there.”
Key updates to the BYO platform include:
- 360-degree, hi-res views of MINI exteriors and interiors
- Interstitial messaging to confirm customization selections
- Value-driven stories about features and options for added context to customers
- Option to save and share personalized customizations with unique Build Codes
- Brand new look and feel, with a redesigned user experience
- Simplified navigation with fewer steps
- Alignment with ordering guide nomenclature for consistency
- Improved ‘selection rail’ ensuring choices are on-screen at all times
- New high-resolution vehicle images
- Faster load times and mobile-friendly design
- Printable summary page with option codes
MINI USA also plans to make additional enhancements later this year. These enhancements include:
- Micro-Configurator that allows customers to compare trim features and exterior color
- Dealer Inventory Matching enabling users to see vehicles in nearby dealer inventory that closely match the selections of their build in real-time as they customize through the BYO steps
- In-Transit Inventory will provide ability to show vehicles that have been produced, but are not yet on dealer lots
- Build Recommendations will recommend certain models and options based on geographic and demographic data
- The updated MINI USA website is now live and accessible to all users, and the MINI BYO platform is compatible with most modern web browsers such as Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge, as well as on mobile devices. It can be accessed at miniusa.com/build-your-own.html.
About MINI in the US
MINI is an independent brand of the BMW Group. In the United States, MINI USA operates as a business unit of BMW of North America, LLC, located in Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey and includes the marketing and sales organizations for the MINI brand. The MINI USA sales organization is represented in the U.S. through a network of 116 MINI passenger car dealers. MINI USA began selling vehicles in the U.S. in 2002 with the introduction of the MINI Cooper and MINI Cooper S Hardtops. Since then, the MINI Brand in the U.S. has grown to encompass a model range of five unique vehicles.
Journalist notes: Media information about MINI and its products is available to journalists on-line at www.miniusanews.com.